I just received an email from our forum hosting company (Yuku, formerly EZBoard) that in the near future the hosting of our CT90-CT110 Forum will be transferred to a phpBB forum hosting platform administrated by Tapatalk.
I have no date when the change will take effect.
Most of the questions about the move and how it will work (and other things) that have been asked by other forum owners have not yet been answered by Yuku or Tapatalk at the current time.
What this means:
1) Most likely we will have a different "LOOK" to the forum, at least until I figure out how to do some selecting or editing of style templates in the php format.
I'm not sure, however, the "LOOK" could remain the same, if Tapatalk can transport our current style over to the php style sheets.
2) How we use the new php forum will essentially be the same as we have used the existing forum on Yuku, however, some buttons may be in a different location, and some other things may be changed as well, at least until I figure out how it all works.
3) Initially advertisements may show up on the forum. I'll have to figure out how all of that stuff works.
4) And, there could be other things... servers UP and DOWN, access - no access, same kind of stuff that we've experienced over the last eight months or so, since we have migrated our forum from Yuku servers to the new Tapatalk servers. Who knows how this will go.
5) When the change happens and you can't do something the same way you used to do it, try to figure it out on your own (experiment), and if you find a solution that might be significant, please start a new thread about how to solve your issue. The php forums are the most commonly used hosting platform on the internet, so some of you may already have a user experience and can help out other forum members.
So, put your helmet on, wear some good boots and gloves, don't forget your eye protection...things are about to change.